Next Steps on Small Claims case?

How much money were you sued for?

I don't recall you saying.

Between $800-900 plus court costs is what they were trying for

Not like a little over $100 is burning a hole in my pocket, just going to get old if they would re-file and I have to pay the answer fee again.

Honestly think they were trying to get a no answer and judgement award on their end is all.

Honestly think they were trying to get a no answer and judgement award on their end is all.

You're right about that. Like the Spanish Inquisition they rely on fear, and surprise, fear and surprise, surprise and fear, and ruthless efficiency, and a fanatical devotion to the Pope.

A few possibilities occur to me.

1 - When you filed denying the debt, they realized they had bad info and withdrew.

2 - They realized that you would put up a fight that would cost them more attorney fees and figured it wasn't worth it.

3 - They are going to package a bunch of worthless debts and sell them to other agencies for pennies on the dollar and you'll hear from somebody else in the future.

Not like a little over $100 is burning a hole in my pocket, just going to get old if they would re-file and I have to pay the answer fee again.

If that happens you can seek sanctions for abuse of process.

hey are going to package a bunch of worthless debts and sell them to other agencies for pennies on the dollar and you'll hear from somebody else in the future.

There are many (unknown to me) entities that engage in nefarious, unscrupulous practices in pursuit of as much coin of the various realms they are able loot, pilfer, or con by any means necessary.

These wretched vermin are often assisted by the entity that CLAIMS to protect the masses, their gubmintal, inaptly named "watchdogs".

SMDH It only ends after you've assumed room temperature.

Back