Next step after obtained camera footage

Rena Ma

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I had an auto accident, it was obviously the other person's fault, but police report favor to the other person. I acquired the camera footage showing the other driver was lying to the police. I don't have the collision coverage, and my AAA insurance company does not help much. What should be my next step? Thank you!

You already got an answer to your question, so I'll just add this, since I see a lot of comments from people who seem to think their insurer should be helping them in situations like this.

my AAA insurance company does not help much.

That's because you "don't have the collision coverage." When all you have is liability coverage, your insurer has one job and one job only: to pay claims to others when your legal liability is reasonably clear. If the other driver involved in your accident isn't making a claim against you, then there isn't anything for your insurer to be doing.

Yes, my AAA rep was acting like it was nothing to do with her. Now I understood why. Thanks zddoodah for letting me know the role of my insurer. Now the other driver filed the claim against me. I refused to pay the liability repare to the other vehicle. I told her the carmea footage was available now. She agreed for me to send the footage to her and she will take a look at it .

Back