Need sound advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctryder

Need answers for my son. He will not take my opinion on what is wrong about how he thinks on renting a place. Would appreciate everyone to answer. Even thou I am a LL myself, he stills feels that some things are wrong.

1) He feels that he shouldn't have to pay rent to his aunt, his LL, because she would just give that money to her son and he buys drugs.

2) He also feels that since there is no mortgage, he shouldn't have to pay rent.

3) He called his aunt, his LL, and told her that he cannot pay XXX amount of the rent and she would have to accept XXXX for it or not.

4) Finally, he had to move, so now after a month, they got mad because we had to get rid of stuff that he left behind. He wanted us to store it to the side and that they did us a favor of putting it in the garage to begin with. This was nothing but trash. That we had to pick up by hand and put in black bags. About 6 large black bags and other junk. Filled about 1/3 of a trailer. Got real mad, because she indicated that she gave relative that day bed and I know this was going on about a year. So how long do you think his aunt was going to keep all of this if she stored this?

5) Last but not least, he left a big burning pile of trash. About 12' by 12' and four feet high. He was going to have neighbor dig a hole and bury it. Who would want that on their place? He got mad because his aunt refuse to have it done like that. Than he said he will just burn it. We are still waiting. And what will we do with what is left behind? He said to bury it again. She refuses to have it buried and he can't understand what is the big deal.

A little background. Son lived in place and at times was unable to meet rent. His aunt let it slide. I paid rent once. Unable to buy gas for heating. His aunt let him remove a window to install a wood stove. I bought a kersone heater for him. His aunt let him do what he wanted as far as painting, etc. plus she never hounded him for the months he could not pay. Bug him about it but she knew she wouldn't get any money and accepted it. Just trying to help him out.
They left the house without window blinds, screens gone, sofa and chair, mattress and box springs, stove, and a captain bed left behind and trash all around house.
Now in all fairness, he did say that he was going to pay someone to clean the house and cut the grass. But I knew he had no extra money to do all this. So I said I would do it. So I accepted this.

My question to you, "What would you say and do if this was your renter and relative?"

Need answers for my son. He will not take my opinion on what is wrong about how he thinks on renting a place. Would appreciate everyone to answer. Even thou I am a LL myself, he stills feels that some things are wrong.

1) He feels that he shouldn't have to pay rent to his aunt, his LL, because she would just give that money to her son and he buys drugs.

2) He also feels that since there is no mortgage, he shouldn't have to pay rent.

3) He called his aunt, his LL, and told her that he cannot pay XXX amount of the rent and she would have to accept XXXX for it or not.

4) Finally, he had to move, so now after a month, they got mad because we had to get rid of stuff that he left behind. He wanted us to store it to the side and that they did us a favor of putting it in the garage to begin with. This was nothing but trash. That we had to pick up by hand and put in black bags. About 6 large black bags and other junk. Filled about 1/3 of a trailer. Got real mad, because she indicated that she gave relative that day bed and I know this was going on about a year. So how long do you think his aunt was going to keep all of this if she stored this?

5) Last but not least, he left a big burning pile of trash. About 12' by 12' and four feet high. He was going to have neighbor dig a hole and bury it. Who would want that on their place? He got mad because his aunt refuse to have it done like that. Than he said he will just burn it. We are still waiting. And what will we do with what is left behind? He said to bury it again. She refuses to have it buried and he can't understand what is the big deal.

A little background. Son lived in place and at times was unable to meet rent. His aunt let it slide. I paid rent once. Unable to buy gas for heating. His aunt let him remove a window to install a wood stove. I bought a kersone heater for him. His aunt let him do what he wanted as far as painting, etc. plus she never hounded him for the months he could not pay. Bug him about it but she knew she wouldn't get any money and accepted it. Just trying to help him out.
They left the house without window blinds, screens gone, sofa and chair, mattress and box springs, stove, and a captain bed left behind and trash all around house.
Now in all fairness, he did say that he was going to pay someone to clean the house and cut the grass. But I knew he had no extra money to do all this. So I said I would do it. So I accepted this.

My question to you, "What would you say and do if this was your renter and relative?"

I'd just be happy that he vacated my premises. He's proven that he's an ungrateful deadbeat. There's nothing more I'd ever say to him or about him. I'd thank Almighty God that he's gone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back