Need some advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

wearelove

I live in North Carolina and need advise on a possible legal matter.
15 years ago, I adopted my wife's daughter from a previous marriage.
The details, in short, are as follows...
From the time my daughter was 3 months old to the age of about 2 years, her biological father visited her less than 10 times and seldom paid child support. After I became engaged to his former wife, he started wanting visitation rights. After a few visits with "dad", my daughter started wetting the bed and saying that "the bad man" hurt her "down there".
Sexual abuse was never proven, but when I raised the idea of adopting my daughter, he agreed to the adoption, only if my wife paid him $4100 that he said she took from him.
It was a "total" adoption in which the original birth certificate was destroyed and a new one listing me as the birth father was issued. In a sense, he "sold" his daughter for $4100.
Anyway, now it's 15 years later and my beautiful daughter graduates from high school this year, has a great job, and has been accepted to collage this fall.
Here is the problem... the wife of my daughter's biological father happens to work at the same place where my daughter works. We live in a huge metropolitan area and are blown away by this coincidence. Anyway, She approached my 17 year old daughter and started talking about her biological father (we just call him the sperm donor). She has been telling my daughter that her "dad" wants to meet her and that they should get together. She said that her mom (my wife) is a bitch and has been talking trash about our family.
Here is my question. My daughter is only 17 years old. Has this woman broken any laws by approaching a minor in this manner? Can we take any legal action against her? Maybe a "cease and desist" letter?
We have always been honest with our daughter and when she was about 13, we sat her down and told her the truth about this man. She has absolutely no desire to become close with him.
DOes anyone think we have a case for legal action? Thanks for your time

The woman has not broken any laws most likely but you can send her a letter asking her to stop all contact. Tell your daughter to stop talking to her or better yet, she should quit and find another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back