Assault & Battery Need advice on Domestic Violence Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahds

My boyfriend and I were in an argument a couple weeks back and in this my thumb was broke as it got shut in the car door. I freaked out as I was in pain and shocked it even happened, went to the ER and spoke with police and now my boyfriend is facing felony charges. I have met prior with the prosecutor and with Crime Victims Crisis Center and at this time I no longer want to be involved in this. From what I understand I am not allowed to drop the charges. However, I do not want to keep meeting with people, missing work, and have this go to trial and testify. It has been only a little over 3 weeks and who knows how long this will go on. At this point I do believe it was an accident. I do not think he meant to hurt me. We have been dating almost 3 years and nothing like this has ever happened before. I have been given advice that there is not much I can do. I am at this time thinking of writing a letter to the prosecutor letting him know my feelings on this. I am worried there will be consequences as I was adimant that I would not get back together with my boyfriend and here we are back together. But then I think, yah Im 29, I panicked, and I can be with whoever I choose to. So why would there be consequences??? Any advice on how to handle things with the prosector would be greatly appreciated as when this goes to trial and I am asked if I am scared of him or if I think he meant to do it, the answer would be no. So what good of a witness would I make?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice anyone can give me.

Does your boyfriend have a lawyer?

Consult with his lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back