need advice in calif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicrod

i went into a store in calif. to cash my check, on the way out i found a wallet, i got in my truck went across the street to a super market still had the wallet i found and threw it in the trash, i didnt mess with any of the contents just threw it away, now i get contacted by the police saying they have me on video picking up the wallet, i am not denying it i told them i found the wallet on the way out of the store and that i threw it away'now i know that was bad moral judgement on my behalf and i apologized, and informed the police i'm willing to reimburse the guy for whatever he has to replace, can i be charged for this?

If the police ever had anything, they would NOT be talking to you, they would arrest you.

The only way they could do anything is if they had caught you with the wallet, or goods from said wallet, (like cc, dl). But, you admitted to it.

How did the police find out who you were from a mere video? Do they personally know you?

well they do know me the town i live in is not very big, i admitted to the officer i did find a wallet ,but threw it away, nothing was used out of the wallet, the officer told me the guy just wanted his papers, i told them i threww it away. and i was willing to reimburse him for any fees to renew everything in the wallet

And what did they bullies in blue say to that? Have they charged the local dump/landfill for recieving stolen property??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back