Need a answer to a possible problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedInNJ

I was injured on the job and filed a workmans Comp case against my employer based in NYC. I was classified with a permanent partial disbility and have been receiving a check. After two years, I found another position locally in New Jersey which I had for 3 years. I was laid off due to lack of work and filed for Unemployment insurance which I have been collecting. As I worked at my first job in NYC for almost 29 years, I was entitled to collect a pension, thank God.. as well.

Could there be any kind of problem with my collecting a disability check from WC from NY, and since I was laid off--and CANNOT find a job in NJ since last year--from my job in NJ, collect unemployment benefits which I have paid into since I started working many years ago.

I see no reason why (..but then I'm not a lawyer...) I should not be allowed to collect why I consider to be my right as an employee (my pension..), my WC check (..due to on the job injury..) and unemployment from NJ (when I was laid off. I realize this may be a bit weird, but I cannot see where any of this can be wrong.. I am asking your help, whomever you may be as I am extremely worried about all of this thanks to a friend who thinks I'llgo to jail... a speedy reply...help... assistance would be greatly appreciated. Can respnd to lintech at attdotnet if allowed to email directly..... if not, I will check this forum often for an answer to my problem--if in fact it is a problem....

many thanks, confusedinNJ:(

it should be noted that I originally posted this in the Workmans Comensation Forum, and was told that I should post in the Emplyment Law section... thanks for any help..

Its not an easy question, that could be why you are not getting a response.

Thanks, Green Hornet.... but I hope that at least YOU can see my predicament...Simplified, I worked and was injured on the job in NYC--> awared Perm. Partial Disability. WC says can work, but no more $$ than $X... lost job in NYC.

Find new job in NJ...work 3 yrs.. company loses business.. business is slow so I get laid off. File for UnEm in NJ (as is my right)....

also collect pension from NYC former job...

Does this simplify things?... I am stressing over this whole mess... to ME, what I'm collecting is due me... but still I worry....SNY help from folks out there--GREATLY appreciated.
ConfusedInNJ

Oh I understand your problem but if I understood W.C well, then I would post. The thing is not everyone here can answer everything. Trust me I am always happy to share what little I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back