My child

C

Cfluevog

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I need advice. I'm not the birth mom of my son and neither am I on the birth certificate. I have been in his life for 4 years now and pay for everything he needs like food clothes any type of adventures and his daycare. People are telling me i have no legal right please help me I need to fight for him because his other parentis unfit and making bad choices please help me know I have a fighting chance!?!...

Those "people" might be right but you are going to have to provide a lot more information before we can make any helpful comments.

Who are the parents and what are their relationships to you?

How did you get the child in the first place?

Consent of the parents?

Anything in writing?

Have a fighting chance for what?

Against who?

I need advice. I'm not the birth mom of my son and neither am I on the birth certificate. I have been in his life for 4 years now and pay for everything he needs like food clothes any type of adventures and his daycare. People are telling me i have no legal right please help me I need to fight for him because his other parentis unfit and making bad choices please help me know I have a fighting chance!?!...

If you aren't the birth mother, nor the father MARRIED to the birth mother, you have no legitimate claim to the child.

I suggest you return the child to the LEGAL parent(s) of the child, forthwith.

It is a crime to KIDNAP any child.

Until a court declares the parents unfit, you don't get to make that judgment.

Can you give us more detail about what's going on? Based solely on the information you've provided, the people who are telling you that you have no legal right to the child are correct. You're going to need to give us more to go on.

How did you happen upon this child if you are not the mother or the father? Where are the parents?

Back