My boyfriends custody battle

brittanyerin109

Jurisdiction
California
My boyfriend served his ex-girlfriend papers to get 50/50 custody so she would stop threatening to take his kids away from him. Now she is throwing around serious allegations that my boyfriend abuses me (which is completely false ) and has no proof. She says the boys told her this but previously she told us that my boyfriends brother would hit them when he would babysit but when we asked the boys what happened and if he had ever hit them they said no and also told us their grandmother was saying that because she doesn't like their family. What is the best way to proceed? I would rather not be involved because this issue is between the mother and father but she's telling lies regarding my relationship with the father.

My boyfriend served his ex-girlfriend papers to get 50/50 custody so she would stop threatening to take his kids away from him. Now she is throwing around serious allegations that my boyfriend abuses me (which is completely false ) and has no proof. She says the boys told her this but previously she told us that my boyfriends brother would hit them when he would babysit but when we asked the boys what happened and if he had ever hit them they said no and also told us their grandmother was saying that because she doesn't like their family. What is the best way to proceed? I would rather not be involved because this issue is between the mother and father but she's telling lies regarding my relationship with the father.

Unless you are served a subpoena to appear in court to testify about this mess, I suggest you do nothing.

If you have been used as anyone's punching bag, I suggest you stay away from the abuser, batterer, bully.

If you are called to testify, you tell the truth. Telling the truth isn't hard.
You simply answer all questions honestly, don't try to lie to protect anyone.

I leave you with this: If it doesn't involve you, stay out of it!

So do nothing until served a subpoena got it. Thank you for your advice.

I've never been in a situation like this before and never been in trouble with the law. In cases like this how often do significant others get served subpuenas and what would happen to her when I tell the truth and it discreateds what she had claimed under oath?

So do nothing until served a subpoena got it. Thank you for your advice.

I've never been in a situation like this before and never been in trouble with the law. In cases like this how often do significant others get served subpuenas and what would happen to her when I tell the truth and it discreateds what she had claimed under oath?

Truth is a relative term.
You have your say, she has hers.
The judge (maybe a jury) determines what the truth is when the verdict or judgement is rendered.

There's really no way to stop people from telling lies and people make threats all the time. Most of them have no basis in reality.

Back