Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Motion to void background

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prudens

Hey,

what is the motion to make to ask the Judge not to view your previous convictions during your trial?

Hey,

what is the motion to make to ask the Judge not to view your previous convictions during your trial?
What are you asking?

In general, a person's prior criminal history cannot be used to prove guilt for the current offense (though there are exceptions). Is this a jury trial or for a court trial? What kind of offense?

For sentencing, your prior offenses are certainly relevant.

- Carl

What are you asking?

In general, a person's prior criminal history cannot be used to prove guilt for the current offense (though there are exceptions). Is this a jury trial or for a court trial? What kind of offense?

For sentencing, your prior offenses are certainly relevant.

- Carl

Court trial; Shoplifting -- $250.

I don't imagine, then, that any prior history can be brought up to show guilt. However, if there are prior shoplifting offenses it MIGHT be permissible to bring those up to show a propensity toward the act ... but, not knowing your state's laws on the matter, I can't say if it would be permitted or not.

Are their priors that can be relevant?

- Carl

I don't imagine, then, that any prior history can be brought up to show guilt. However, if there are prior shoplifting offenses it MIGHT be permissible to bring those up to show a propensity toward the act ... but, not knowing your state's laws on the matter, I can't say if it would be permitted or not.

Are their priors that can be relevant?

- Carl

She only has that 1. Nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back