Mother/Daughter(19) issue pertaining to Direct Parent Plus Student Loans

I had a question about a situation I am personally witnessing, and wanted to ask about the legalities of it.

Somebody who is close to me (we'll call her Samantha for anonymity) went to college when she was 19. Samantha's mother Beth had to take out direct parent plus loans in her name for Samantha to be able to get accepted to said school. Beth made Samantha sign a promise to pay the student loans whenever they were due in the future.

Since then, Samantha has been attempting to work with Beth and figure out a plan on how to get them paid back, but Beth is not cooperating. Samantha is worried that Beth could utilize this promise to take her to court, and the worry of attorny fee's, etc.. Has her incredibly worried.

As an observer to this situation, I wanted to check and see what Beth could do to Samantha, and if she could take her to court over this.

I had a question about a situation I am personally witnessing, and wanted to ask about the legalities of it.

Somebody who is close to me (we'll call her Samantha for anonymity) went to college when she was 19. Samantha's mother Beth had to take out direct parent plus loans in her name for Samantha to be able to get accepted to said school. Beth made Samantha sign a promise to pay the student loans whenever they were due in the future.

Since then, Samantha has been attempting to work with Beth and figure out a plan on how to get them paid back, but Beth is not cooperating. Samantha is worried that Beth could utilize this promise to take her to court, and the worry of attorny fee's, etc.. Has her incredibly worried.

As an observer to this situation, I wanted to check and see what Beth could do to Samantha, and if she could take her to court over this.
It would depend upon the terms of what Samantha signed None of which we know and I doubt you do.

You sound as if you don't believe that Beth is entitled to be paid back per the terms of their agreement.

A couple of questions:
Have the student loans become due? If yes, when? If no, then when will they become due?

Back