More time

M

Mkesterson

Jurisdiction
Missouri
Recently divorced and my ex husband and I have joint legal and sole, but the judge only gave me every other tues-thurs visitation, the papers say that I can have more time if we agree but he wont give me more time unless I do what he wants meaning he will give me a weekend and get mad at me for something stupid and then coke get them, for example he will ask for a specific item of clothing and I don't have it he will blow a fuse say find it and then come get them...I have to pay him child support and he makes 3 times my income, my question is: what are my chances of going back to court, getting the child support dropped and getting at least half time with my kids and documented so that he can't take them when he wants?

To modify your existing order you typically have to show a significant change of circumstances. You don't indicate any significant change of circumstances here.
However, if the order is not being followed by one of the parties you can possibly get help with enforcing that order.
If the order allows you to have the children during a certain time he has no right to come and take them back, and you have no obligation to give them back. Have a copy of the order in your possession to show law enforcement and they should back you up and send him away.
Adhere to the order as much as possible and avoid making agreements that are not in writing because they can't be enforced.

Back