Mom died in Ca and i live in philippines. Do i have a right to claim?

Berna Chew

Jurisdiction
California
Good day, my name is Berna. I live in the Philippines. My mothers name is Bless, she lived in Victorville CA. She worked as a clinical dietician at St Mary's Medical Center. She became US citizen, But unfortunately my mom died a year ago from Pancreatic Cancer. Since im the only child, i was so devastated and lost. she told me about a will and her appointed executor is my uncle who lives in oklahoma. But the moment she died, i havent heard from him and also refuses to talk to me. Can i make an appeal if my uncle has it already and didnt want me to get it? Would there be any way to force him to execute my moms will? And if theres no will, do i have a chance to claim my moms estate?

There was no need to post twice. I deleted the duplicate. Please keep all your discussion to this thread.

Condolences for your loss.

Probate for Victorville would be handled by the San Bernardino County probate court. I'm not seeing a case search feature on that website. Call the probate information phone number tomorrow and ask if there is a probate file on your mother.

San Bernardino > Locations > San Bernardino > Probate (sb-court.org)

If there is a probate file you can see about ordering a copy of the case file for a fee.

Feel free to come back with the results if you need more help.

I don't find it worthwhile to discuss "what ifs" but you may see some responses that do.

There's a bit too much personal identifying information here.

Can i make an appeal if my uncle has it already and didnt want me to get it?

What is "it"? Did your mother own a home? Did she have substantial assets?

Would there be any way to force him to execute my moms will?

No.

And if theres no will, do i have a chance to claim my moms estate?

Maybe. A lot depends on what, if anything, has happened in the year since your mother died. I suggest you visit the San Bernardino County Superior Court's website and run a search of probate court filings by name. Unfortunately, the SB Superior Court's website leave a little to be desired in terms of ease of use. Regardless of what you find out, you're going to have to hire a local probate attorney to assist you.

Back