mobile home / renting space

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

:confused:i sold moble home i never transfered tital buyers trashed home and left, they bought another home in same park. park let them out of there lease. since homes in my name they say i owe 2 months lot rent want to take to court. homes paid for have a paid bill of sale .DEPT OF MOTOR VEHICLES said i have to have lein holder off tital well noone no's who that company is .. i just wanted to give home away park agreed to wave back rent to someone new they sign a lease 1 year. manager is getting tired of waiting for me to get release on tital and say's if i dont give home to person who qualified first if she still wants it . then she's done deaking with me . shee wont run anymore credit application for anyone else . i think she just wants me to clear tital lein and the'll be able to rake home and sue me. i owe 1 year property tax. can i ket home go to state for taxes or leave tital uncleared up and not owe lot rent to the park i dont have a lease with them. i want to avoid oweing any more money on this property.please any good advice would help..

Lets see if I understand this correctly.

You sold your mobile home in a private sale. The new owner abandoned the home. The mobile home's title was never transferred to the new owner because it has a lien attached to it. Apparently, you are not aware of a lien. Do you recall ever being sued? Do you have a tax lien against the home? Did the buyer who trashed and left pay you for the sale?

You have a mess and I see two options:

1) Enforce the sale by clearing the title. You would need to find who has placed the lien and have it paid. Hopefully the cash you received from the buyer will cover this amount. If the buyer left prior to paying you may need to sue them for performance of the contract. Hopefully you had a written contract. Also, did you file a complaint with you local police regarding the trashing of the home?

2) If the above is not possible, then your best bet is to contact a local real estate broker and see if they would assist you in reselling the home. Their professional staff will steer you in the proper direction. You will continue to owe on the park's monthly rent until the home is sold. Depending upon the sales price of the home and what amount of liens are against it will determine if you will owe any out of pocket expenses.

Hopefully you may have equity in the home to offset any liens and additional expenses.

Good luck.

Last edited:
thank you good advice the tital should be clear the lein is an error . i will file a police report and i have pictures of home before sold and after abd buyers moved right across the street to another home in park . so next is to file in court for damages and money owed on contract . i'm just gonna let home go for free . the park will forget past due rent with new buyer w/ 1 yr lease instant asset to park. my loss there gain. wonder if i can write this home off as a loss on income taxes ?

Unless this was an investment home the loss is not deductible. Only capital gains are reportable and not a loss on your homestead. You might have a deduction claim by claiming vandalism damages. You could potentially claim the loss of value to the mobile home due to the vandalism and thus the reason for allowing the home to go for free.

This is reported on Form 4684 and then on Schedule A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back