Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckish

My daughter was with four friends last night. They were pulled over for speeding. The driver was arrested for DUI. Two of the others were also arrested. One person was released to parents. My daughter (age 17) was brought home by the police.

Citations were not issued to my daughter or the other person who was released to parents. The police stated that citations were not issued because they were under 18, and stated that the matter would be referred to Juvenile Court.

My daughter remained in her friend's car until she was transferred to the police car to be brought home. They conducted a "pen test" on her, which she said she passed. They also conducted a breathalyzer which was .022. They told her that anything over .02 was problematic. She was not taken to the police station. She did not sign anything. They didn't explain what was going. They were not drinking in the car and she did not think there was any alcohol in the car.

What am I looking at here? Do I need to get an attorney? If they can issue speeding tickets to under 18 minors, why not this type of citation? I appreciate any advice; this is a very stressful situation.

Dear concerned parents - Your daughter was charged with MIP (>.02 BAC) . She must appear in court . The police can not issued speeding tickets to the kids because they were not driving . This is misdemeanor violation . If this is her 1st time . I don't think you need a lawyer . Please refer to this following link if you need more answer.
http:/www.atg.wa.gov/teenconsumer/pages/rightsandresponsibilities/miplaws.htm
or go to googles and type in Mip law in washington it will show you
Good luck . I know it will be a stressful experience . Kids made stupid mistakes but unfortunately your daughter get caught . I hope she will learn her lesson .Any more question please ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back