Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in the mail not guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randi

I was at a party and this concerns many others whom were sent an MIP ticket in the mail whom where not in possession.
I was approached by an officer whom asked if I had been drinking, I said no. He took my name and address.
I told him I had not been drinking and was willing to take a breathalizer test, he said No.
I asked him if I was getting a ticket or something and he said I had nothing to worry about.
I then recieved a ticket in the mail for "MIP" for $563.00 or I had the option of taking the "pre-trial diversion".
What? I was not in possession, had nothing to drink and got a ticket in the mail???
I was told by the Bandera County Attorney's office to submit a letter "Plea of Innocence", which I am doing, but is this right? How can you be innocent and then recieve a ticket in the mail? I did not sign anything, get arressted or a ticket at the time of this incident.
Is there anything else I should do but submit that letter?
Minor in Texas Innocent of charges!

Well, in some cities it doesn't matter whether or not you yourself were drinking and you will still be issued an MIP or an MIA (Minor in Attendance). You should check the MIP laws for your area to get a better idea of what you're dealing with here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back