Military Member seeking legal advice used auto sales fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike510

My jurisdiction is: california, usa

My jurisdiction is: california

My jurisdiction is: California

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a Lexus GS400 with what i thought was 116411 miles on it. 3 days after purchasing this car the 4th cylinder blew up. I contacted the dealership and they told me that since i purchased a 100,000mile/5 year warranty on it i would have to wait the 90 days for the warranty to kick in. Being in the Marines i really had limited time to take care of this problem and i was sent out on deployment for 5 months and now i am back and i need to get this resolved.

I called the warranty company and asked if they can take care of the repairs and they told me that as long as i have oil change receipts for every 4,000 miles i would be good to go. I had driven about 100 miles before it broke down. So i go and check the mileage and it was 182xxx on the bill it was 116,411WTF! So i needed receipts for almost 65,000 miles worth of oil changes for the 3 days i had it. They knowingly put the incorrect mileage because i spoke to the owned and he stated that the co-owner who worked with him drove the car while it was for sale. So i dug a little deeper and looked at the carfax and i was very suprised because the last entry on the car was a smog check on 6/27/2005 with 116,410, meaning they drove the car 1 mile in almost 4 years?? B.S. I test drove the car for about 10 minutes, easilly 3 or 4 miles. The owner of the dealership then offered to give me a piece of crap junk yard engine which had over 100,000 miles on it installed by his friend, who was not a certified mechanic. I refused and wanted a better deal and never heard from him ever since and he never contacted me after that. After calling and calling i frached the manager, but the crappy thing about this is that this guy i reached was the new owner. So i dold this guy the situation and he tild me that the name was changed from Certified Auto Sales to Certified Sales, but when i called he answered saying "Certified Auto Sales how may i help you?". My question is should i sue for the 5000 for the engine costs or just try to get the full refund of the car? And who should i go after the new guy or the previous owner?

I am not a lawyer, but that sounds like someone rolled back the odometer, which to me is fraud. I'd get a lawyer and have them take the car back myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back