Medical Reimbursement Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

klynnchris11

My ex-husband and I share joint Legal and Physical custody of our 12 year old son. It was made aware to us that our son would need braces. My ex-husbnad took it upon himself to find an orthodontist and without my consent entered into a financially binding contract for braces. The total price was $3300 which according to our decree we shall split equally. The Orthodontist put him (us) on a payment schedule of payments of $135p/month. Again this would have been spilt between us $68.50 p/person. My ex's father passed away last year and he came into some money, and paid the balance of the braces off. He is now asking that I give him "my half" of the cost of the braces upfront and that the payment plan that he entered in has no bearing anymore. I have made to him 4 payments of the $68.50. He is threatening to take me to court. What are your thoughts? I do not have the means to pay anymore than the $70 a month I currently am. If I have agreed to the $68.50 can he change the "contract" to fit his needs because he took it upon himself to pay it off?

Thank you.

Continue to pay the agreed upon $70.00/month.

If he refuses, save the $70.00/month.

Do not spend it. Save it.

Or, mail him a money order for $70 each month, as agreed.

Keep records of the transaction.

Don't discuss this further with him.

If he sues you, you'll have a valid defense. He can't unilaterally alter your previous contract. Ignore his rants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back