Looking for advise on what to do.

Jurisdiction
Nevada
I'm an independent contractor and one of the delivery apps I'm working with is Uber eats. My first concern is that recently they started hiding some of the trip information, forcing the drivers to take at least 3 in the last 10 deliveries, in order to be able to see the full information, which affects our ability as drivers to make full assessment of the order prior to accepting or rejecting it, thus contradicting with our right to freely choose which order we would like to complete. I believe forcing an INDEPENDENT driver to accept a certain number of orders just so they are able to have full details on what is offered to them is borderline illegal, but since I am no expert I would like to receive an expert opinion. My bigger concern though is that last week I received an offer on the app that was supposed to pay 88.40$ upon completion. Once I was done with it though, I got paid only 39.44$. The last 3 days I was talking to support, trying to find a way to get my missing money back but for over 7 hours talk time I've been transferred countless times from one department to another, had supervisors hiding, instructing the agents to tell they are busy, on call with other drivers, in a meeting and what not. I even had 3 times put a request for call back and nobody ever bothered to call back. My question is "Are there any legal ways for me to try and get back the money I'm owed by the company or they are allowed to lie to us any way they deem fit in order to get their orders competed, including baiting drivers with amounts they don't pay even half of?"

I'm an independent contractor and one of the delivery apps I'm working with is Uber eats. My first concern is that recently they started hiding some of the trip information, forcing the drivers to take at least 3 in the last 10 deliveries, in order to be able to see the full information, which affects our ability as drivers to make full assessment of the order prior to accepting or rejecting it, thus contradicting with our right to freely choose which order we would like to complete. I believe forcing an INDEPENDENT driver to accept a certain number of orders just so they are able to have full details on what is offered to them is borderline illegal, but since I am no expert I would like to receive an expert opinion.
You aren't going to get an "expert" opinion here. That's not the purpose of this forum.

From my point of view, you aren't being "forced" to accept anything. That's the beauty of being an INDEPENDENT contractor...you are free to refuse to accept the assignment.
My bigger concern though is that last week I received an offer on the app that was supposed to pay 88.40$ upon completion. Once I was done with it though, I got paid only 39.44$. The last 3 days I was talking to support, trying to find a way to get my missing money back but for over 7 hours talk time I've been transferred countless times from one department to another, had supervisors hiding, instructing the agents to tell they are busy, on call with other drivers, in a meeting and what not. I even had 3 times put a request for call back and nobody ever bothered to call back. My question is "Are there any legal ways for me to try and get back the money I'm owed by the company or they are allowed to lie to us any way they deem fit in order to get their orders competed, including baiting drivers with amounts they don't pay even half of?"
Check your contract for your options.

"Are there any legal ways for me to try and get back the money I'm owed by the company or they are allowed to lie to us any way they deem fit in order to get their orders competed, including baiting drivers with amounts they don't pay even half of?"

If someone owes you money and refuses to pay, you could file a small claims court action against the purported deadbeat.

No one can predict if such an action would be successful.

The outcome of such a lawsuit will only be known after the case is heard and the judge issues a verdict.

If you do prevail, the harder part comes next.

You'll have to see if you can enforce the judgment.

Your predicament is that while you're chasing about fifty bucks, you probably could get a job paying you 3 or 4 times that amount.

In addition, employers are clever people.
Most know how to twist a tale so that it makes others assume they're innocent.

If you no longer trust your employer, it might be time to find a more honest employment situation, rather than wasting your time pursuing fifty bucks.

There may be contractual issues with filing such a suit.

Everyone has a RIGHT to access our court system.

The judge speaks to procedural and legal issues.

As a practical matter, chasing a lousy fifty bucks is rarely worth the effort.

So yeah I guess that's what everything is about since the fifty bucks are so lousy they can get away with stealing. 1000 drivers that's 50000$ saved. After reading all the answers I guess I made a mistake coming here All is well though - live and learn. There are all kinds of people ‍♂️

Back