Legal guardian looking to get back 10yo

NrawGa

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hello

I live in georgia. I am the legal guardian of my 10 year old nephew. He went on what was supposed to be a visit with his mother for the summer in Florida. On the day he was set to fly back she didn't put him on the plane. Yesterday I recieved a phone call from him distraught saying that he didn't want to stay but his mother would not let him leave. He said he told her many times that he wanted to go home but she told him he didn't have a choice. What can I do legally? She just had a baby with a man that is an ex con. He is a registered sex offender and was (may is still) involved in gang activity. She is forcing my nephew to refer to him as "step-daddy". School here is a week in session. I don't want him to miss anymore days. We also saved for almost tow years to take he and our dauther to Europe in September. The trip is paid for. She has lied to him and us and said she was going to get his passport since his old one expired. We found out by calling the US Passport agency that she never ever put in the paper work. Which means he will be missing a trip he has looked forward to for a year. He will be devestated when he learns of this. She is emotionally abusing him in other ways also as a means to get back at me. If I drive down and get him without her knowledge will I be breaking any laws? Id like to get him back up here as soon as possible. Any advice would be great.

Duplicate thread - answered elsewhere.

Back