landlord has it own water & power company

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIDKAT

I need help!!!!!!!!!
I live at bella vista in Richmond ca. I move in 09/1/2005 sign a lease for 16
months,my security deposit was $1,625.00 The lease states nothing about
the amount I needed to pay for water,sewage & trash. It did state it was base on a sliding sacale.For the first 7 months we herd nothing, then the end of 02/06 A bill came form natiional water& power company for $ 152.00
The only water company in this county is eastbay mud. So bella vista has only one water meter being share by 1,008. apartments 5 pools 4 hot tubs and
watering trees plants and so on. I readed in ca tents right the lease must state
the amount. the renter paids & the amount the owner piads.(if i read it right)
I made a copy of the ca renter laws About this matter.giving it to the
leasing office.. Only to be told the law dosen't apply because they have there owned company. Now that my lease is up the end of Nov A lettler sent to me states lease violationand any rent paid for dec will be applied to the bill & a 3 day noties to pay or quit the unit will be issued for the balance of the rent.
The also states to make the payment out to Bella Vista.Plaese if any one can HELP I NEED ALL I CAN GET!!!!!. PS The bill for each month has gone up from $77.00 per month to $93.91 a month There only 3 people in my apartment,a friend has 5 people and pays the same amount.

Last edited:
You could start by paying your bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back