Landlord attacked me

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmomofo

Several weeks ago my landlord grabbed me innapropriately, and I had him arrested. There is currently a restraining order against him and he was charged with assault, forcible touching. I brought last months rent to the real estate agent I dealt with, since the landlord and I cannot have contact. I need to move but cannot afford it paying my current 1800 dollars rent. I was wondering if there was some way I could sue him for free rent until I can afford to move 4 to six months of rent, since he is the main reason that I have to move. I am consistently late with my rent but never more that a couple of weeks. I will have this months rent in a couple of days.

Unless your landlord is CONVICTED of a crime against you, it is your word v his word. You need to bring in a roommate or find alternative tenants to take your place....free rent is probably not in the cards since you are obviously responsible for your landlord having to pay thousands in attorney fees to fight the charges you brought against him.

I am not responsible for his attorney fees, he is.... he grabbed my breast and tried to stick his tongue in my mouth.

I have a tennant Lawyer for you in your neighborhood.
I sent an e-mail with info to your Youtube.
Or call me.
Good luck. Peace-tom

I think what he/she's trying to say is that because you had him arrested and charged with innappropriate touching, the landlord will have to pay for an attorney because of this. I compeletely agree with your actions though, I would have done the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back