Jason Head Law Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browne2009

I was wondering if anyone has had run-ins with this lawyer? My family keeps getting calls from them looking for me (after googling them this seems to be their normal practice). They claim there is some lawsuit they are working on and that I have come up in it. That I owe Ballys money from a membership I defaulted on in 2005 in PA. Except I've never been to a Ballys let alone joined one, and in 2005 I did not live in PA (I currently do). They keep insisting I confirm my SS # which I refuse to do. The woman has threatened that they will keep calling until I do or I pay the bill. Originally the bill was $637 but now with interest it's $881.

The scary thing is she was able to rattle off all my previous addresses from 1987 until 2006, until I moved to PA. She only was able to get my current address from my cell phone number which I reluctantly called them from.

I asked for proof of the debt (as I read on another msg board to request) and all I got was some preformatted letter with my name, info and amount filled in. I again requested that I wanted to see the actual contract that had my signature, address and date on it. The woman got upset with me and told me that she's been advised not to talk to me further, that if I had a lawyer to have them call.

Anyone else, been through this or have any advice?

Thanks in advance :confused:

No particular advice, but I notice this is becoming standard collections practice. They may say they need your SSN to "verify your identity", and that they are prohibited by law from giving any details about your alleged debt until you verify your identity. I know of one who refused to give the debtor any information about the debt over the phone, but was willing to send the information to their yahoo.com email address. Wierd.

Anyone else might have some advice to offer? They are still calling even though I keep telling them it's not me - I am not trying to just get out of a debt, it truly isn't me, I do a credit report on myself once a year and this has never appeared even as a mistake.

2005? Google "statute of limitations Pennsylvania" (without the quotes) You will be looking for consumer debt limitations. I'm willing to bet the statute is past. If the time limit is past, tell them to go pound sand….

I just did as suggested, and for "written contracts" which I'm assuming they are saying I have one with Bally's Gym, is 6 years. :(

Thank you for that suggestion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back