Is this Legal?

Swisher3333

Jurisdiction
New York
Thank you for reading this. I will try to explain this story as easy as Possible.

Jane Doe (defendant) was delivered papers by Plantiff for damages do to false claim of assault. Jane Doe was cleared of criminal charges due to lack of evidence. So now she is suing .
Jane Doh, served her an answer back threw her lawyer that she was fighting the case. Court keeps getiing postponed due to Judges calendar.
This has gone on for 3 years now. Due to the fact I am close with Jane Doe this has me sick to my stomach.I want it over!

#1Can I obtain a lawyer (I know I can't use Jane does right?) asking the lawyer to contact her lawyer meet with My lawyer and me and offer a set amount I am willing to pay her and sign a document that she is to not sue again and stay away from my family Bascially take it or see you in court.

I just want this mess to go away Thank u for your time

#1Can I obtain a lawyer (I know I can't use Jane does right?) asking the lawyer to contact her lawyer meet with My lawyer and me and offer a set amount I am willing to pay her and sign a document that she is to not sue again and stay away from my family Bascially take it or see you in court.

Yes, you can do that.

Whether or not you'll be successful is anybody's guess.

You can certainly "try" that route.

Thank you for reading this. I will try to explain this story as easy as Possible.

Jane Doe (defendant) was delivered papers by Plantiff for damages do to false claim of assault. Jane Doe was cleared of criminal charges due to lack of evidence. So now she is suing .
Jane Doh, served her an answer back threw her lawyer that she was fighting the case. Court keeps getiing postponed due to Judges calendar.
This has gone on for 3 years now. Due to the fact I am close with Jane Doe this has me sick to my stomach.I want it over!

I just want this mess to go away Thank u for your time

You could have done that THREE years ago.

What you're asking about is making a settlement offer.

You can instruct your lawyer to discuss a settlement offer.

Or, you can contact her lawyer and indicate you're willing to settle this mess for WHATEVER amount it is you're willing to offer Jane to go away!!!

Be advised, you could end up offering $3,000 (for example), and paying her attorney's fees of $25,000.

Be very careful BEFORE you sign anything, make sure you read it and understand it!!!

Thank you all. Army for the last 2 1/2 years it was going threw mediation in criminal court for damages due to an assault. We would not admit to something that someone else did and waited for a Judge to decided. The Judge threw it out due to lack of evidence. Criminal ended in July we were served papers for supreme civil court in August. Now parties back in mediation. I want to offer her a settlement so my family can get this over with because I want her gone and out of our lives.

Thank you all. Army for the last 2 1/2 years it was going threw mediation in criminal court for damages due to an assault. We would not admit to something that someone else did and waited for a Judge to decided. The Judge threw it out due to lack of evidence. Criminal ended in July we were served papers for supreme civil court in August. Now parties back in mediation. I want to offer her a settlement so my family can get this over with because I want her gone and out of our lives.

Be very careful, and don't agree to anything unless you have it reviewed by YOUR attorney.

Settling civil matters is wise, and cost effective.

Make sure that the settlement includes the language that you "admit to nothing", "all parties agree to not discuss the details of the settlement", "this agreement releases YOU, your heirs and assigns from ALL further claims forever".

Back