Is he right?

seastar

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My son went to a mediation meeting for custody. He received a letter from the court with the date for the hearing before the judge. The letter stated that they were concerned that the mother was not capable of taking safe care of the kids since she knowingly moved their kids to the house of a sex offender. So far share custody was granted as for now.

My son says he wont go the hearing since he got into an agreement with his wife .
She moved away from the sex offender's house and went back to my son's house with the kids.
I told him he has to go to the hearing if he wants full custody of the kids but he thinks he knows better. Is he right?

If he doesn't show then he has no say in what happens. He won't be there to refute what anyone else says. It certainly won't look good to the judge.

If he doesn't show then he has no say in what happens. He won't be there to refute what anyone else says. It certainly won't look good to the judge.
Thank you for your answer. How about if none of them go? I mean my son and his wife.

They will piss off the judge and that won't bode well for the future.

They should both go and present their stipulated agreement to the judge for his blessing.

Getting their agreement filed with the court will make it enforceable in the future.

Thank you for your answer. How about if none of them go? I mean my son and his wife.

People can be their own worst enemies.

If neither of these idiots go to the hearing, the next time the VOLCANO of life erupts (and we ALL know history repeats itself and the lightening of life strikes more than twice), the kids will suffer.

It seems he's more concerned about having Sally SLUTfull in his life than he is with his kids.

Why wouldn't he want to obtain custody of his children?

If neither goes, nothing will happen for now.

The next time Sally SLUTfull takes a fancy to Chilly CHILDmolester, the kids will again be set out for the predator to devour!!!

If courts feel children are in danger both could lose them?
Thank you for your answer. I think you are right indeed. My son said he can't afford a lawyer for that hearing, that it might cost 5,000 which he doesn't have. Then he said that he can make an arrangement with his wife (they are separated) for her to return to the house with the kids and go to the court to cancel the hearing. I don't know if that can be done. He doesn't have interest in his wife, they have been separated for three years and he rents his own apartment but left the house he bought for his children to live. All he wants is his children to return to a safe place no matter if the mother is there with them. I think he is not thinking right though.

He needs to be in court with or without a lawyer with is better!
He said they are going to make an agreement. She is returning to the house with the kids soon. So he said that they will present the agreement in court for shared custody. My question is, if they are granted shared custody, can she later on take the kids and go somewhere else with them without any fear of my son taking her to court again?

Back