Is good cursing out worth partial rent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nufella

After being gone for 3 months, Mr. R allowed me to move back into my old apartment when I was receiving unemployment. He said, "your place" was ready. It wasn't ready. There was trash and debris from remodeling all over the place. I volunteered to clean up because Mr. R could only get help as he found it and quite frankly, I didn't want the kind of help he would get in my place. I became 6 months behind in rent. Unbeknown by Mr. R, Mrs. R had the sheriff deliver a summons for back rent. Mr. R had Mrs. R cancel the suit because I promised to catch up.
I found a job but couldn't catch up. Mrs. R who was nice and Christian like at first, got tired of my broken promises and hung the phone up on me. Mr. R and I were still on good terms. After Mrs. B hung up on me, I sent her a letter explaining why Mr. R and I had such a good relationship. I also sent her pictures of how clean I had left the apartment when I moved out and pictures of how the place looked when I moved back in. I don't know what Mrs. R said to Mr. R but he called me and gave me a good cursing out! Now he wants me to move without following any of the eviction process.
At first I was willing to pay all of the back rent. Now, I wonder if his lack of tact and ignoring the eviction process is worth a discount. And yes, I do think I might need an attorney.

Thank you,

Nu

Last edited:
Tell us you're kidding. You actually expect a reduction in owed rent due to lack of tact?

If you had claimed a reduction in rent due to cleaning up the place, one could almost buy this argument.

I have a feeling Mr. (or Mrs. R...or both) are down at the local Clerk of Court right now, initiating the process of eviction as outlined in your particular state.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back