internet business

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchco

Is it legal to stream live video of a public place (i.e.: grocery store or a restaurant) to the internet and profit from it via subscribers and/or advertising?

Last edited:
Is it legal to stream live video of a public place (i.e.: grocery store or a restaurant) to the internet and profit from it via subscribers and/or advertising?

A grocery store or restaurant is a place open to the general public but is not a "public place" - it's actually a private place. The store owner either owns or rents the property and has rights to exclude the public from the premises should he/she so choose. They may open it to the public under certain conditions, one which may be to get a cut of exactly what you're hoping to do. With regard to a city street, that's a different story but we're talking about city permits versus a property owner's rights.

A grocery store or restaurant is a place open to the general public but is not a "public place" - it's actually a private place. The store owner either owns or rents the property and has rights to exclude the public from the premises should he/she so choose. They may open it to the public under certain conditions, one which may be to get a cut of exactly what you're hoping to do. With regard to a city street, that's a different story but we're talking about city permits versus a property owner's rights.

I'm sure that the patrons of the store would be thrilled to know they are being streamed live on the Internet...

But I'm not sure what it is, exactly, that you want to do. Being inside a store is not the same as being on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back