International Banking and Taxes

MnLeo

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I am a natural born US citizen with a fiance here from Thailand on a K1 fiance visa. She has money in a checking account in a bank back in Thailand. Here are my questions....

1. When we are married and file our I-485 adjustment of status and receive her two year conditional permanent residency green card, do we have to report that bank account on our taxes and pay taxes on it...?
2. Do we have to once she becomes a us citizen...?

Any helpful knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

I am a natural born US citizen with a fiance here from Thailand on a K1 fiance visa. She has money in a checking account in a bank back in Thailand. Here are my questions....

1. When we are married and file our I-485 adjustment of status and receive her two year conditional permanent residency green card, do we have to report that bank account on our taxes and pay taxes on it...?
2. Do we have to once she becomes a us citizen...?

Any helpful knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest you speak to a family law attorney before you find yourself wondering one day in the future, how did I do this to myself?

You should also have the person you call a fiancé discuss how to complete her immigration forms with an immigration attorney.

My general answer also applies here. ALWAYS reveal EVERYTHING when completing ANY government form. Why? Because a small mistake is considered to be a MASSIVE lie and criminal offense to the all powerful government.

Back