In fear of my daughters safety and my own- needing help fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cingram8807

Lately, the father of my 20 month child has constantly been harassing me, and threatening me as well as my family. About 3 weeks ago, I went to pick up my daughter from me and he slapped me. I called the police and since no one had witnessed it, I couldn't press charges. This is not his only offense he is also on probation for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, as well as a lengthy criminal history. CPS was called by the police for Domestic Violence, he also called CPS saying that I was a drug abuser. On Friday, 19 2010, he picked my daughter up from my at our local police station. I get a phone call from him on Sat. saying to get to the ER because he thinks she broke her leg. I get there and they inform me that she her right leg is broken. Not only that, she was in the same clothes she was in when he picked her up. CPS again, got involved with this. The upper part of her femur was broken, they called it a spiral fracture. His story is that he had her on a playground 4ft off the ground and another child bumped her off onto the mulch..however no scratches where on her. Shes now in a spica cast on both legs. CPS is putting a safety plan on the situation so he doesnt get temporarily.

I need to know what I can do to get his rights taken away or supervised visits. I feel he is a flight risk, and could possibly take off with my daughter.

Lately, the father of my 20 month child has constantly been harassing me, and threatening me as well as my family. About 3 weeks ago, I went to pick up my daughter from me and he slapped me. I called the police and since no one had witnessed it, I couldn't press charges. This is not his only offense he is also on probation for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, as well as a lengthy criminal history. CPS was called by the police for Domestic Violence, he also called CPS saying that I was a drug abuser. On Friday, 19 2010, he picked my daughter up from my at our local police station. I get a phone call from him on Sat. saying to get to the ER because he thinks she broke her leg. I get there and they inform me that she her right leg is broken. Not only that, she was in the same clothes she was in when he picked her up. CPS again, got involved with this. The upper part of her femur was broken, they called it a spiral fracture. His story is that he had her on a playground 4ft off the ground and another child bumped her off onto the mulch..however no scratches where on her. Shes now in a spica cast on both legs. CPS is putting a safety plan on the situation so he doesnt get temporarily.

I need to know what I can do to get his rights taken away or supervised visits. I feel he is a flight risk, and could possibly take off with my daughter.

Cps will have to do their investigation to see if abuse or neglect is a concern here. Contact your attorney (or maybe some sort of legal aid) to see if some sort of temporary orders can be put into place until the cps has concluded their investigation. Now for the DV abuse against you, You can go to the police station and file a complaint for the abuse. I am suprised that he was not arrested at the time he slapped you. The laws for DV are strict. Good luck.

Last edited:

What did the Attending Doctor say about the injury? Did the Doctor "believe" Dad's story? Has there been criminal charges regarding this incident?

You can obtain an order of protection from your local justice of the peace. Will that really protect you? Hardly!

It is just a piece of paper. I don't think he cares. He's in deep already.

You should contact a local battered woman's shelter. They will discuss ways to stay away from this evil creature. They know how and where to hide you. Contact one ASAP. If you don't know where to start, try your local police agency or sheriff's office. You need more than a piece of paper to protect you and your child. You need some very clever women to show you what to do! Good luck.

Is there a visitation or custody order already in place? If not, refuse to let him see her and file the custody papers as soon as possible. If you can support your claims enough, perhaps you could even get an emergency temporary order. That at least will ease your fear of him leaving and taking the child with him. Follow Army's advice about the abuse thing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back