Idk what to do or where I stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbuquoi

Alright here is the lowdown of what is going on. I sold a washer and dryer for 175 to a guy on craigslist. Both machines were in working condition when I sold them to him. I used them both the day I sold it to him at my other apartment. He came by to pick them up and I told him the only problem was with the dryer. And the problem was the start cycle swith was stuck. And he was ok with that. Well a week later he contacts me saying the dryer doesn't work and he had a repair man come by to look a it. The repair man told him that the switch was stuck and would cost more to repair. Well now 2 weeks later he wants his money back or he's gonna take me to small claims court. Not only that now the washer doesn't work. I sold him a working washer and dryer and now he wants to trade for his money back. Does he even have a case or what do I do? Do I give him his money back? Please help. Thank you :)

In your ad online did you list it as is? I had a friend who got taken to small claims over selling a car then 3 weeks later something went on the car. The buyer asked for his money back but my friend refused then got taken to small claims.

In the end it was determined that the buyer purchased the car as is and of course nobody knowing how it was driven or in your case what the guy did to the washer/dryer.. so it was just dismissed and the buyer took a loss.

I would contact a professional in your area of TX because a law in one state can be different in another so contacting a professional is probably the best bet.

Another thing a buyer should be aware of buying something online is your not a retailer you do not offer any warranties unless you stated money back guarantee or something along those lines.

This fellow purchased a pair of used appliances that were working when he purchased them.

They were sold (and purchased) "as is". As such, a judge would tell him to enjoy them.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back