Deportation, Re-entry ICE Deportation officers acting crazy as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VictimX

Jurisdiction
Texas
I was granted withholding of removal by an immigration judge.

After I was released from holding I was told that I would have to be on supervision, however there is no order of supervision given by the judge.

I have been checking in with ICE Deportation officers every six months to every year for the past six years.

The last time that I went into immigration to check in, deportation officers told me:

1. You need to apply for your travel documents because the only reason you are not deported is because we could not get your travel documents! My supervisor just stated that "You must bring in a receipt indicating you applied to acquire your passport the next time your here!"

2. "I don't care what your court order says, I am not going to argue with you! Have a nice day!"

3. "Your court order has changed and you are under investigation!"

The ICE Officers then handed me a form to apply for a passport regardless of the fact that I told him that my embassy is refusing to respond to me.

They made it clear that if I did not have a receipt for payment for a passport the next time I am there that they would make my life a living hell.

I called my immigration attorney. He told me that he doesn't know anything about an order of supervision and that the officers are either:

A. Probably have me mixed up in their system as someone who is deported who immigration does not have their paperwork yet.

B. ICE deportation thinks I am someone who is in the process of being deported or still going to court.

However when I read about this issue online, It said that ICE may impose a term of supervision on people who are granted "withholding of removal."

My questions are as follow:

1. Does ICE have the authority to impose such order outside of the courtroom based on some type of administrative law or general policy that is in existence?

2. If ICE does have the ability to impose an order of supervision outside of the courtroom of their own accord, where is the due process?

3. If I have an attorney who is legally my representative via notice of a G-28, did ICE officers violate my right to remain silent and or to be represented by addressing me with this false information regarding a verbal notice of change to my "court order" and a request to hame me attempt to acquire a passport again?

4. Did officers violates any law or policy while lying about the status of my court order (as it has clearly not changed without a hearing.)

5. Am I required to report for supervision and if so, how may I challenge this?

6. If I am not required to report for supervision, do I have a valid claim for being forced to report under threats of arrest, lost wages, and enduring general abuse by the foul mannered officers on a nonexistent order?

7. Are there any Civil avenues of relief?

Note: The Deportation officer said that she would now contact my previous probation office for my original case file. I am not on probation and informed her of this. She stated that, again, she did not care.

Side question: Is she allowed to do this? Is the frivolous and or unjustified generation of law enforcement logs and or NCIC entries which may cause a person all sort of harassment and hell from various U.S. authorities allowed?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I was granted withholding of removal by an immigration judge.

After I was released from holding I was told that I would have to be on supervision, however there is no order of supervision given by the judge.

I have been checking in with ICE Deportation officers every six months to every year for the past six years.

The last time that I went into immigration to check in, deportation officers told me:

1. You need to apply for your travel documents because the only reason you are not deported is because we could not get your travel documents! My supervisor just stated that "You must bring in a receipt indicating you applied to acquire your passport the next time your here!"

2. "I don't care what your court order says, I am not going to argue with you! Have a nice day!"

3. "Your court order has changed and you are under investigation!"

The ICE Officers then handed me a form to apply for a passport regardless of the fact that I told him that my embassy is refusing to respond to me.

They made it clear that if I did not have a receipt for payment for a passport the next time I am there that they would make my life a living hell.

I called my immigration attorney. He told me that he doesn't know anything about an order of supervision and that the officers are either:

A. Probably have me mixed up in their system as someone who is deported who immigration does not have their paperwork yet.

B. ICE deportation thinks I am someone who is in the process of being deported or still going to court.

However when I read about this issue online, It said that ICE may impose a term of supervision on people who are granted "withholding of removal."

My questions are as follow:

1. Does ICE have the authority to impose such order outside of the courtroom based on some type of administrative law or general policy that is in existence?

2. If ICE does have the ability to impose an order of supervision outside of the courtroom of their own accord, where is the due process?

3. If I have an attorney who is legally my representative via notice of a G-28, did ICE officers violate my right to remain silent and or to be represented by addressing me with this false information regarding a verbal notice of change to my "court order" and a request to hame me attempt to acquire a passport again?

4. Did officers violates any law or policy while lying about the status of my court order (as it has clearly not changed without a hearing.)

5. Am I required to report for supervision and if so, how may I challenge this?

6. If I am not required to report for supervision, do I have a valid claim for being forced to report under threats of arrest, lost wages, and enduring general abuse by the foul mannered officers on a nonexistent order?

7. Are there any Civil avenues of relief?

Note: The Deportation officer said that she would now contact my previous probation office for my original case file. I am not on probation and informed her of this. She stated that, again, she did not care.

Side question: Is she allowed to do this? Is the frivolous and or unjustified generation of law enforcement logs and or NCIC entries which may cause a person all sort of harassment and hell from various U.S. authorities allowed?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I suggest you protect your self, use your right to remain silent, and consult only with your attorney.

While you wait, it's advisable not to get into a debate with any law enforcement personnel.

Things are about to change drastically in about six months in this country.

You're a very lucky guest to not be deported.

Deportation protocols are being changed.

If you wish to stay here not in a cage, follow the instructions given by ICE personnel.

If you don't, you might find yourself caged summarily at your next encounter b

You're free to do as you wish, as I am not the boss of you.

So, you do that which you believe best serves your interests.

You'll also reap the fruits of your labors.

I suggest you protect your self, use your right to remain silent, and consult only with your attorney.

While you wait, it's advisable not to get into a debate with any law enforcement personnel.

Things are about to change drastically in about six months in this country.

You're a very lucky guest to not be deported.

Deportation protocols are being changed.

If you wish to stay here not in a cage, follow the instructions given by ICE personnel.

If you don't, you might find yourself caged summarily at your next encounter b

You're free to do as you wish, as I am not the boss of you.

So, you do that which you believe best serves your interests.

You'll also reap the fruits of your labors.

Good advice about not debating with the officers and remaining silent.

I'm curious can you site your sources for how deportation protocol is changing?

Also could you clarify what you meant by "If you don't, you might find yourself caged summarily at your next encounter b"

Do the officers simply have the ability to "cage" someone as a means of retaliation with impunity?

I am curious to see someone with a legal background answer the questions that were asked in the original post.

Good advice about not debating with the officers and remaining silent.

I'm curious can you site your sources for how deportation protocol is changing?

Also could you clarify what you meant by "If you don't, you might find yourself caged summarily at your next encounter b"

Do the officers simply have the ability to "cage" someone as a means of retaliation with impunity?

I am curious to see someone with a legal background answer the questions that were asked in the original post.

I am a licensed lawyer in the USA.
However, you have engaged a lawyer.
No ethical lawyer will interfere in that relationship.
Again, nothing we can do for you here, except suggest you work with YOUR lawyer.

As to how I know things, I'll add some levity to the proceedings, but first background is required.

"The Whistler" was an American radio program running for a total of 13 years from May 16, 1942 until September 22, 1955. It was one of the most popular mystery drama's of its' time. Signal Oil Company sponsored the program. The marketing catch phrase was: "Let that whistle be your signal for the Signal Oil program, The Whistler."

This is how I know that to which I allude:
Episodes of The Whistler began with the ominous narration:
I am the Whistler, and I know many things, for I walk by night.
I know many strange tales, many secrets hidden in the hearts of men and women who have stepped into the shadows.
I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back