i wanna change my eldest daughter's last name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamela2008

:) Hi! i just want to know what are the things or process that i need to do so i can change my eldest daughter's(6 years old) last name, my eldest daughter was born without her father's name on her birth certificate( its blank) because he was not present then when she was born and we ended up our relationship after few months when my daugther was born, which means i never got married to her dad,my eldest daughter got my maiden last name. Then now i got married finally to a guy & become father to my first daughter & also we had are children on are own, he wants to have his name to be on her birth certificate & also to have his last name carry by my first daughter. how can we changed that on her birth certificate & changed also her last name. hope u can help me out on this one... thankz a lot!:angel

You can maybe change her name, but you can't put your husband's name on her BC. Not without terminating dad's rights and hubby adopting. You'd have to find dad and establish his rights before you take them away, if I'm not mistaken.

:no:
first of all, we're not married and its his fault all the things on hat happened to our relationship, he never took any responsibility to our child,even supporting her financially, he left us for another girl. i let him choose & decide, and he choose to be with that girl than to be with his daughter.he never send bday cards or call her daughter.for six years he never did anything to her, so i know he got no rights for thisdecision i have now.Thats the kind of person he is, just dump us out like a thrash. we deserve a better life & also me i deserve to have a better family & a good husband, my daughter deserves to have a loving family who will always going to be there until she gets old,love her & protect her & thats me & my husband now. My husband deserve a little respect about this situation, he wants my daughter to be part of what we have now, not to be different in some ways like having a different last name while me & her siblings got different last name from her. My husband wants to give him a name that she can be proud of for the rest of her life. so i'm sorry if u think i neglect the rights of the other guy. Because i think i deserve to have a better life now without anything to do about him (ex).:yes:

:no:
first of all, we're not married and its his fault all the things on what happened to our relationship, he never took any responsibility to our child,even supporting her financially, he left us for another girl. i let him choose & decide, and he choose to be with that girl than to be with his daughter.he never send bday cards or call her daughter.for six years he never did anything to her, so i know he got no rights for this decision i have now.Thats the kind of person he is, just dump us out like a thrash. we deserve a better life & also me i deserve to have a better family & a good husband, my daughter deserves to have a loving family who will always going to be there until she gets old,love her & protect her & thats me & my husband now. My husband deserve a little respect about this situation, he wants my daughter to be part of what we have now, not to be different in some ways like having a different last name while me & her siblings got different last name from her. My husband wants to give him a name that she can be proud of for the rest of her life. so i'm sorry if u think i neglect the rights of the other guy. Because i think i deserve to have a better life now without anything to do about him (ex).:yes:

Also, it doesn't matter whether or not you were married. Fathers have rights, too.
he left us for another girl. i let him choose & decide, and he choose to be with that girl than to be with his daughter.he never send bday cards or call her daughter.for six years he never did anything to her, so i know he got no rights for this decision i have now.Thats the kind of person he is, just dump us out like a thrash.
The bolded statements make it sound like you were a package deal. That is, if he left you, then he couldn't see his daughter. I hope that's not the case.

i'm just trying to explain here, how in our family culture, as Asian that d father should think of how his daughters life going to be when he done that to us or even just for my daughter. In our culture the man can leave the mother but never leave the responsiblity to his child, thats why i don't think he still have rights to get considered on my decision. Once they leave his responsibility he can't go back to what he just left. Thats how we are Asian. Its different in American ways & culture.
First of all he never made an effort at all to see her or communicate with her. spend any dime to reach his child, because he's a thousand miles away from us but still that ain't excuse, if he really want to get in touch with her. he might have a chance to meet her maybe in the future when my daughter understand everything what happened, then she'll be the one to decide if she still want to look for her biological father, that is what i know her rights.

thanks for all the post, i might really need to go to a lawyer about this.im jst trying to see if there are some advices that i can get to solve this easily.

thanks for all the post, i might really need to go to a lawyer about this.im jst trying to see if there are some advices that i can get to solve this easily.
You do need a lawyer. There is no easy solution to your kind of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back