Personal Bankruptcy I think my lawyer is avoiding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevdie

My husband and I filed bankruptcy in 2005. We are still receiving bills and threatening letters from one of the creditors. I have called them and told them to call my bankruptcy attorney, I have sent them a copy of the bankruptcy discharge papers, and they still keep contating me about this bill. I spoke to my lawyer about it and he said he sent them notification of my filing of banruptcy in 2005 while it was going on, and advised me to let him know if they contact me again, so that he can send them a letter if they do. Well, they have contacted me again...twice and when I called my lawyer to tell him this and gave my name, his secretary hung up the phone! I was so shocked, I called right back and she took my message as if nothing had happened and as if I didn't just call two seconds earlier. That was very odd to me. But the lawyer would not take my calls. We won't return my calls nor did he return my email. I have no idea what to do at this point. Any ideas?

Go here and file a complaint.
Google Fair Credit Reporting Act or FTC and file a complaint with the FTC. I tried pasting a link but the link didn't work.

Last edited:
Go here and file a complaint.
Google Fair Credit Reporting Act or FTC and file a complaint with the FTC. I tried pasting a link but the link didn't work.

Thats damn good advice! These colection people are in hot water. All collections had to stop when the case was filed. Give them hell, don't put up with that crap. Do as Calalily advised, and file a complaint.

Then, go to your state bar website, fill in and file an attorney complaint form. I would also look into suing your shyster for malpractice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back