Consumer Law, Warranties i have a sub-lease contract question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cataur1640

i have kind of an interesting situation going on here and i was wondering if i might obtain some counsel on what has transpired through the last few days

i had two friends who were going to move down to L.A. and they offered me a place to stay (of course they would write up a sublease so i would know what i am going to be responsible for) so i signed a sublease (for six months) under the pretense that they would have jobs down there, and away to support themselves even if i wasnt there.

well as it turns out i am the only one after 3 weeks who has a job and we wont be able to pay for the second month of rent.... however, i later found out that they only had a lease agreement with the owner for one month, and that they would extend it later.

so, after debating it, i would like to find a way out of here because they cannot support themselves, and i really dont want to pay for the remaining months. i was wondering, because of the fact that they only had a one month lease at the time of writing my contract, if it might void any time they tried to lease to me outside of their original agreement, due to the fact that they didnt actually own the "time period i would be spending there" to rent out in the first place.

in all honesty, im doing my best to help them get back on their feet, however im afraid of possible future ramifications from my buddy's girlfriend (one of the leasors) she's bipolar, and even though it shouldnt be a problem... i just want to be done with this and get on with my life

Charge

Subleasing I suppose was permitted by the LL. Your buddy might have paid the LL the rental from the amount you paid them in your sublease agreement.
Thus, as I see it, voiding the agreement is not an option, as it can further escalates the problem. My point is, you have to take the fact as it is and charge it to experience. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back