Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication I am under 17 and I am a foreign that hold a green card and I got a mip few days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewbakka

Alright, I am 17 and I am a foreign that came from HongKong around 2 and half year ago... my aunt and my uncle was gone for few days and I was tried to have a 5-10 people party in my house and I didn't know how people heard words about it and they thought it's a big party... so unexpectly tons of people came in the same time and I think that made the neighbours called the cops... the cops came and everyone ran away, but I couldn't because I was the party host and I have to be responsible. I talked to the 2 cops and I think they gimme a mip because I went onto my county police department site and checked it. But the cops didn't give me a fine ticket or court date or anything like that.... the officer just leave a self introduction card with the case # on the table... I am wondering maybe they gimme a Mip but somehow I don't have to go to the court or pay the fine in some reasons..... and if I am on the record now, will it be automatically delete when I am 18??? I feel really really sad these days and I made a strong determination to not to drink until I am 21... I drank because it's like a culture thing in schools here and people think it's cool and I am just trying to have a better relationship with them by doing that....

Do you have your green card or are you a US citizen?
It makes the difference between you staying or being deported.

I thought I drop in a note here. I'm a paralegal. I work for a lawfirm and my boss used to be an immigration judge for eight (8) years. I don't even work in the immigration department of my firm, I'm just a personal injury paralegal for this firm. As I understand immigration law, you as a lawful permanent resident (LPR) you are only allowed to life and work in the United States. That's it! Nothing else. You can be deportable (place in removal proceedings) any time or inadmissible (deny entry to the US) in you fall in any of the grounds of inadmissibility. In other words, be careful what you're doing and behave well. You are walking a very fine line as a LPR. The ground of inadmissibility can vary depending on what state you live on. For example, if you get caught with 3 grams of marihuana in some states that will be a felony and you will be deportable. In other states like California, I think that if you get caught with 2 kilos or more of marihuana is a felony, less than that is a misdemeanor. Another frequent example will be domestic violence (DV). You can be denied a US citizenship or a renewal of your green card just by having a DV on your record. People who have DV on their records have to wait five years and proof that they have been on manager anger classes just to renew or apply for any benefits. Same thing with Driving under the Influence (DWI). Hope this information helps.

The information presented on this post should not be construed as legal advice.:no:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back