How to permit wife to travel with children without me

Kyivan Rus

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Hello,

Me and wife are naturalized US citizens and our children (age 6 and 2) are US citizens by birth. We reside in Ohio. Very soon I'm leaving to Ukraine to participate in the defense of my fatherland and, as I understand, I need to permit my wife to travel with my children internationally without my presence. How do I go about this?

*we are not divorced and not in any kind of legal "battle". I'm just leaving and don't know for how long. Need for her to be able to travel with children outside of US while I'm absent

Thanks

• If the child is traveling with only one of their custodial parents, they must have a letter of consent, preferably in English and notarized, from the other parent or signed by both parents. The letter should say "I acknowledge that my son/daughter is traveling outside the country with [the name of the adult] with my permission."
International travel documents for children | USAGov

• If the child is traveling with only one of their custodial parents, they must have a letter of consent, preferably in English and notarized, from the other parent or signed by both parents. The letter should say "I acknowledge that my son/daughter is traveling outside the country with [the name of the adult] with my permission."
International travel documents for children | USAGov

thanks! So I can just draft a letter that permits my wife to travel with my children without my presence indefinitely with ChatGPT's help and have it notarized and that will suffice?

thanks again

Do you suggest I go to lawyer and have him write it? Or is there a specific form I can find online (I couldn't, so wrote asking here)
You will want to check with the country they will be traveling to. Find a consulate or the embassy for said country.

Back