How to have judgment removed if dismissed without predjudice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordonangel

:nutsMy jurisdiction is: sanilac county michigan

I just ran my free credit report and found a entry of judgment. the odd thing about the judgment is when the collections agency took me to court I told the judge I didnt owe the money that it had been paid off about 5 years ago and amount was too much. The judge gave them a 6 weeks to get proof of the debt. The collections agency lawyers were not able to provide any documentation that the judge asked for and it was dismissed without prejudice by the plaintiff. I called the original creditor to ask for copies of my account and the original account and insurance company and they said they didnt have any of my files left. So you see I don't know how they got the judgment on there it was dismissed and I do have copies of the dismissal. This was in april of 2007 now it is six years old. Was it a mistake of the court the judgment was put on or was the lawyers or what. How can I get this off my credit. My daughter say it will come off my credit next year anyways.:nuts:nuts thank you

Judgements get entered in by the courts, you need to go into the court and provide them proof that the case was dismissed-- you should also dispute this with the credit agencies-- It will be a nightmare but that is who you will have to deal with is the court clerks.

I called the court clerk she said it the credit agency report that is wrong and to call them and give them the copy of dismissal and they will investigate. I thought court put the judgment on in the first place she says because it was the plaintiff dismissal. round and around we go your right. is there some type of law I could quote to her about this? yes, i know they hate when you to quote laws. I cant afford to be driving back and forth to the court to handle this. thanks for your reply

I knew it would be a mess-- I just suggested going down there because every person you talk to someone they will have a different story. Ok, So dispute this with the credit agency, in turn they will contact the courts and verify this is real or not, if every one is thinking with a full deck it should be removed @ that time. However keep all of your records keep all of your notes every time you talk to someone write it down. Make sure you dispute the reporting with all 3 agencies and keep everything. When you got the free report was it just one agency? If so get all 3 Trans Union, Equifax and Experian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back