How to handle a person harassing you via phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang54

My mom is 88, lives in assisted living. The receptionist at her place was fired because she was looking in residents medical charts and if she saw medication that she 'thought' should not be given out she would call the family members. She also would fight with the staff. She took a liking to Mom. She would walk her to her room, help her get set up, turn on the lights, etc. This was not her job, as they do have aides, but she wanted to help only Mom. Now that she was let go she constantly is calling Mom 3 or 4 times in the morning, sometimes as early as 7AM, she calls me and makes up stories saying that Mom's heat is off in her room and that we should check to see that she is getting cared for. Mom is tired of the phone calls and is afraid to say something to her.
I spoke to the director of the place and she said she will write her a letter. How do I stop her from calling me and Mom? She also called me and said for us to have Mom live with her at at reduced rate - since she thinks she can take care of her better. I told her that will never happen. Any advice would help, she doesn't seem to get the hint that no one is calling back.

tell her(if you have not already) to stop calling. Even though you should'nt have to, you could change phone numbers.

Changing the phone number is the easiest way to get rid of this pest!!!

If she persists, you could always seek a restraining irder or order of protection.

Changing the phone number us cheaper and quicker.

You should also write a polite letter thanking her for her help and asking her to leave mom alone. You might advise her that if she continues to pester, annoy, and contact mom; you'll have no choice but to seek a restraining order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back