how to get suspended liscense off sons record

Status
Not open for further replies.

laney71767

My 19 year old son got a ticket for modified exhaust. He fixed the exhaust, got a clear smog, and sold the car without taking care of the ticket. D.M.V. went through on the sale because the ticket had not showed up on the system yet. The ticket went to a failure to appear and his liscense was suspended. He paid the ticket and fines but did not go in front of a judge. He got his liscense back. Now insurance company has him under high risk {no moving violations} Very expensive. He is a mechanic . Lost his job because they need to be able to insure him, and will not because "high risk" He is losing his apartment, car, going to have bad credit now etc. etc. etc. all because he didn't think of the consequenses. How or can he get that suspended liscense off his record?

laney71767 said:
My 19 year old son got a ticket for modified exhaust. He fixed the exhaust, got a clear smog, and sold the car without taking care of the ticket. D.M.V. went through on the sale because the ticket had not showed up on the system yet. The ticket went to a failure to appear and his liscense was suspended. He paid the ticket and fines but did not go in front of a judge. He got his liscense back. Now insurance company has him under high risk {no moving violations} Very expensive. He is a mechanic . Lost his job because they need to be able to insure him, and will not because "high risk" He is losing his apartment, car, going to have bad credit now etc. etc. etc. all because he didn't think of the consequenses. How or can he get that suspended liscense off his record?
This is in california in alameda county.

It will remain on his driving record witht he DMV for 7 years. If reinstated, that will appear on the record as well as the suspension.

He can contact the DMV, but there is no process that I am aware of by which he can have the true history removed from the record early.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back