How many more ?

Andrew15

Jurisdiction
Michigan
My case has been on going for over a year now between two counties. It finally landed in a county however. She stopped showing up for court and stoped responding to legal documents. How many times will they allow her to not show up? I hired an attorney and he can't get her to court yet either. All my arrears are paid and payments are on time. This is only a motion for increase visitation time this round. Prosecutoring attorneys already gave her a chance once. This will be her third time not showing. So my question is how many more times before the court forces her to go ?

Last edited:
My case has been on going for over a year now between two counties. It finally landed in a county however. She stopped showing up for court and stoped responding to legal documents. How many times will they allow her to not show up? I hired an attorney and he can't get her to court yet either. All my arrears are paid and payments are on time. This is only a motion for increase visitation time this round. Prosecutoring attorneys already gave her a chance once. This will be her third time not showing. So my question is how many more times before the court forces her to go ?

Only the court can answer your question accurately.
I have seen cases like yours get continued for 18 months.

YMMV

Yes, sorry. It is up to the court. Good luck.

Back