HOW CAN I TALK TO, MEET WITH D.A. OR COURT ASAP? I was advised by an attorney friend, but HOW?

angfisher25

Jurisdiction
California
Oh ARMY, I hope you're out there.. but I would love to hear from as many folks as possible. I am in the worst possible place I think one could ever be in...
No drama here, really.
But I have a divorce going on which is getting harder and harder, a domestic violence case with a 3-year restraining order on husband and I am insanely scared, AND an eviction from my apartment in 3 days. My husband was always responsible for paying the rent, and only three weeks ago we were talking about renewing our lease for a year... but he actually took off the next day, gave his 30-day notice, and left me with all expenses. His mother would not tell me where he was...
I had NO IDEA I SUDDENLY would need to have thousands and thousands of $$ on my own to pay all bills... husband always proudly took care of the rent. I have no problem at all working, love the sense of accomplishment, my self-esteem shoots through the roof, feel like I am really needed. .
But I am getting more confused, more frantic, more bitter and more damaged (I guess finding out about one more girl he's sleeping with isn't that bad), but picturing him shooting up, doing drugs and whatever else... real fun and healthy situation I'm in.
Sold my wedding ring yesterday because I literally had no $$ for gasoline and dog food, told my husband and he couldn't care less. ... I am scared, still losing weight, I don't want to be forced out of my home! HE is the one that decided to leave me. I'm so scared and desperate, and my friend said I REALLY needed to get face-to-face with the D.A.

How can I possibly get a meeting or appointment or even five-minute chat with the D.A. or someone high up, even a judge??! IS THAT REALLY OUT OF REACH AND IMPOSSIBLE TO DO?? I'm starting to think I just can't do it, it hurts too much and He can't do this! He has a family, to take care of...

You don't need to meet with the DA.

However, if that's your desire, you visit the Office of your DA, and ask to speak with the duty ADA.

Most of the common people rarely get to see the almighty, all powerful DA.

You will get to discuss your issues with the duty ADA, or an intake paralegal.

I suggest you visit three or four local divorce attorneys.

Depending on your personal situation, you might be very surprised at what can be done so that you can have an attorney that fights for you.

Don't ask anymore questions here, until after you've invested a couple of hours visiting IN PERSON with three or four local divorce attorneys.

All has not been lost, and you might be pleasantly surprised when you return in couple of days to tell us your good news..

Back