How can I keep my child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reina

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a Bulgarian citizen living in the UK. I am married to a UK citizen and have a child, 14 months old, a dual citizen. In June of 2014 my husband was accused by his niece (who has lived in foster care for the past 3 years) of having sexually abused her. This has happened for the second time, as the first time the child herself admitted to a social worker, unprompted, that she had been joking. She has over the years made several accusations against people that have been proven false. She has now accused 4 people, my husband being one of them. The case was not presented to the police until September 2014 and since then we have dealt with social services and a safe care plan that has changed several times for no apparent reason. Two weeks ago social services decided that they are taking us to court to take our child away and asked that my husband move out of our home without giving us a reason. Although I had made it clear in the past that I would separate from him if it meant keeping my child, no such option was given to me. They are taking us to court regardless. They had asked in the past for me to undergo a parenting assessment but have now dropped the issue as they want our child regardless of the outcome of said assessment. My mother and sister in law have underwent it and failed for the sole reason that they stated they do not believe these four men have abused my niece, but rather someone in her mother's house before she went into care or someone in her new home. None of those suggestions have been investigated in any way and they are now told that they can't even appeal the results.

I would like to know if we can sue social services for harassment and if that would be advisable. I would also be interested if involving the media in our case would be beneficial as we feel that our case has been handled in an abysmal fashion and has taken too long. We have received little to no information and have been threatened numerous times with court if we do not do as they say.

Any advise you can give me would be extremely appreciated.
Thank you

Hi, I'm a Bulgarian citizen living in the UK. I am married to a UK citizen and have a child, 14 months old, a dual citizen. In June of 2014 my husband was accused by his niece (who has lived in foster care for the past 3 years) of having sexually abused her. This has happened for the second time, as the first time the child herself admitted to a social worker, unprompted, that she had been joking. She has over the years made several accusations against people that have been proven false. She has now accused 4 people, my husband being one of them. The case was not presented to the police until September 2014 and since then we have dealt with social services and a safe care plan that has changed several times for no apparent reason. Two weeks ago social services decided that they are taking us to court to take our child away and asked that my husband move out of our home without giving us a reason. Although I had made it clear in the past that I would separate from him if it meant keeping my child, no such option was given to me. They are taking us to court regardless. They had asked in the past for me to undergo a parenting assessment but have now dropped the issue as they want our child regardless of the outcome of said assessment. My mother and sister in law have underwent it and failed for the sole reason that they stated they do not believe these four men have abused my niece, but rather someone in her mother's house before she went into care or someone in her new home. None of those suggestions have been investigated in any way and they are now told that they can't even appeal the results.

I would like to know if we can sue social services for harassment and if that would be advisable. I would also be interested if involving the media in our case would be beneficial as we feel that our case has been handled in an abysmal fashion and has taken too long. We have received little to no information and have been threatened numerous times with court if we do not do as they say.

Any advise you can give me would be extremely appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
closed...................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back