Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft How can I check if I'm entered in a Shoplifter's database?

metalfjm

Jurisdiction
Texas
About a month ago I stupidly attempted to walk out with unpaid groceries at a Walmart, i got caught got brought to the back where they took my information down and called a cop. I got cuffed and let free saying I'd get the criminal charge paperwork in the mail along with the civil demand. My case is being worked on by my lawyer, in which I'm waiting on the results etc, and I just paid the civil demand because it was due and had no effect on the criminal case, but in doing so I fear that I'm some shoplifter database for maybe seven years. I need to know how I can check to see if I am, not that I plan to work in retail forever, but there may come a time where I'll need a secondary job to manage. Is there anyway to find out?

Until your criminal matter has been disposed of, I'd not worry about being in a privately run database.

It's your name in NCIC and DPS criminal records files that ought to concern you more.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. First you need to know what database (if any) the store uses. Then you would need to be or know a subscriber in order to see if your name is in database. If the store does belong to such a database then its a very strong possibility your name is there and other subscribers can view this info.

You have no entitlement to know if you are in the database, and you have no entitlement to know what stores use it.

Back