How can I change my daugther last name to my name

Status
Not open for further replies.

amkerom

I live in California, I met my wife 5 months pregnant, the father is in another country (asia) my wife use her own last name to my daughter, now my daughter using my wife last name is 9 years old, I have another daughter 8 and a 3 years old son, How can I change my 9 years old daughter to my last name? she don't know I'm not her biological father and I don't want her to know, can I just change her last name?

she did not put the biological fathers name on the birth certificate that is why the child is using my wife last name,

can she use my last name without going to a lawyer? if we need a lawyer do you have any suggestion? Please Help

My sister's daughter's bio. father was not listed on the birth certificate. She married her husband (not the bio father) when she was pregnant. Her daughter had her last name and about two months later, they were able to go to the vital statistics with a notarized letter stating he was the father and a second birth certificate was issued with his name and that daughter's last name changed. They live in Nevada and she was still an infant when this was done, I don't know if that makes a difference. No laywer was needed...just a notary.

My sister's daughter's bio. father was not listed on the birth certificate. She married her husband (not the bio father) when she was pregnant. Her daughter had her last name and about two months later, they were able to go to the vital statistics with a notarized letter stating he was the father and a second birth certificate was issued with his name and that daughter's last name changed. They live in Nevada and she was still an infant when this was done, I don't know if that makes a difference. No laywer was needed...just a notary.

Are you are saying that the husband (not the biofather) went in and stated that he was the father? You realize that is fraud? Technically illegal? Those are called back door adoptions.

Op, your wife needs to consult a lawyer as the father of the child lives out of the US. He would have to be served and give consent for the child to have a name change.

The girl is 21 so it doesn't really matter now of the legality of it. I know it worked for them. I was just offering my two cents of a situation that worked.

The girl is 21 so it doesn't really matter now of the legality of it. I know it worked for them. I was just offering my two cents of a situation that worked.

You are posting a situation that isn't legal. This is a legal site. Would you like it if someone posted illegal information on your thread as advice? Sometimes two cents isn't worth a plug nickel.

You are posting a situation that isn't legal. This is a legal site. Would you like it if someone posted illegal information on your thread as advice? Sometimes two cents isn't worth a plug nickel.

Just to add onto this: 21 years ago it was easier to pull this kind of stunt. Too many people now have children outside of wedlock and too many Dad's actually want to be there and it's harder for women to deny them that right. If this OP actually were to listen to the advice given by you and the father discovers it, he could have a huge problem on his hands. It's better to do it correctly. I'd also like to point out to the OP that he and his wife should be prepared when and if dad shows up to explain that she's been lied to her entire life.

Just to add onto this: 21 years ago it was easier to pull this kind of stunt. Too many people now have children outside of wedlock and too many Dad's actually want to be there and it's harder for women to deny them that right. If this OP actually were to listen to the advice given by you and the father discovers it, he could have a huge problem on his hands. It's better to do it correctly. I'd also like to point out to the OP that he and his wife should be prepared when and if dad shows up to explain that she's been lied to her entire life.

OK F. Lee Bailey....my bad! Case closed. You win. OP: PAY NO ATTENTION TO MY SITUATION. I imagine that it will cost a bit to have it done legally. Good luck with that. Rushia: Still want to banter? Let's tackle something else? How about an ex-husband's use of derogatory terms toward his ex-wife when her children are around? Is that freedom of speech? Seriously, what are your legal thoughts of that? Maybe we'll agree.

Please take your personal attacks and petty arguements off thread! This is for all parties!

I apologize if I seemed to personally attacking anyone. I simply wanted the OP to know that things should be done legally so that things would not be overturned later. I honestly have no idea where the rest of that other stuff came from though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back