Homeowner ASsocatioan

Branden17

Jurisdiction
Texas
I just got a letter from an attorney telling me I have 30 days to pay HOA dues of 787.63 or they will foreclose. I thought Texas had a different set of laws. I owe 468.07 But of course, I have all the addes fees. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

I just got a letter from an attorney telling me I have 30 days to pay HOA dues of 787.63 or they will foreclose. I thought Texas had a different set of laws. I owe 468.07 But of course, I have all the addes fees. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

Read your CCAs, and all documents related to NAZI-HOA.

Anyone can bring a foreclosure action, even a party without a stake in your home.

However, it'll be very hard to foreclose for a thimble full of dollars.

The NAZI-HOA can, however, get a lien against your property.

Be smart, negotiate a settlement, avoid going to court.
Why?
You'll end up paying their attorney's fees.
That, my friend, is how they SCAM you, eventually SCRAMMMING you.
Don't buy real estate in NAZI-HOA controlled territory.
If you do, or have, don't get behind in the NAZI-HOA tribute demanded.

Can anyone help?

Sorry, there is no help. When you bought your home in the HOA you agreed to pay the fees. You're stuck with the consequences of that decision. Yes, the HOA can foreclose its lien, but it can also sue you and get a judgment against you that can add attorney fees (thousands) to the debt and cause you some serious financial consequences for many years to come.

The differences between Texas and the rest of the country is that Texas doesn't allow wage garnishment for consumer debt. However, with a judgment, the HOA can levy your bank accounts, seize non-exempt property, trash your credit and put you in a world of financial hurt for many years to come.

I suggest you pay the bill ASAP and pay your fees on time and in full from now on. Fail, and things get a whole lot worse.

Thanks!!

I called and left a message to set up a payment plan. It is crazy because I actually paid my HOA dues this year, they are saying I have late fees from last year and that is the 468.00 not actually HOA dues.

Back