Hit and run

sad056

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
hi. I had hit 1 vehicle in parking lot. Nobody was in that car when I checked it. And I waited there but then left a note on their window to call me back. I did not hear back from anyone. I later received call from police and I told them what happened and they asked my insurance information which I provided. I later received a charge of hit and run which says I damaged 2 cars and there is witness and I was arrested. But I don't understand as for one I was not arrested.

My insurance company investigated into it, they found me at 30% fault and not liable for negligence. They said my fault is below threshold, while another car hit me, who was uninsured driver was at 70% fault, while the 3rd car at 0% fault.

I have long standing mental illnesses, so I am very worried that maybe I am totally insane now and completely forgetting everything that is happening or maybe world has gone just upside down, like should I believe self, or insurance or police.

Appreciate any information. One I think: Is the insurance investigation totally separate from police which charged me or police considers insurance investigation and could cancel my ticket based on that maybe?

Last edited:
You need a criminal defense lawyer right now for the criminal charge. You would be well advised to not post details on the internet where they can be seen by the prosecutor.

Back