hiding my children from me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric377

My wife up and left me out of the blue the other day, she wouldn't let me see my children before she left. I live in Jacksonville, FL, she made it appear that she was going to her parents in New Mexico, but I also have a feeling that she may be at her friends in Tampa, FL. She is avoiding all contact with me, even severing some forms of contact (MySpace). I have not heard from them, or about them from anyone she knows. Is there any legal action I can take about her hiding the children from me and/or leaving the state with them?

I was hoping to find out if there was any laws that she may be breaking, or something like that. I would like as much info as I can before I go to court.

You need a court order. Without one ther eisnt much you can do. It she child too she can take that child anywhere unless a court has ruled other wise

Despite the fact that I know for a fact that she is traveling with a weapon and has a mental history? Couldn't that be considered child endangerment? Sorry, I failed to mention that before.

You need to try and locate her and file for divorce and for return of the kids, or for custody. You really should see an attorney. A PI or parent locator should be able to track her down if you can't. She really has not broken any laws since there are no court orders.

I'm in the military, and I just got back from the base legal department, they said that since there is no court order giving custody to either one of us, she legally can not leave the state with my children. Monday we'll be getting a court order to have her bring them back, or at least allow me to see them. As for the mental history, it was when she was a minor so therefore sealed, I'd have to get a court order to have it opened again, which would be even more difficult....and for the gun, if she is in NM, she's already back at her parents place and the gun would be out of the car and back in her fathers possession, it was his to begin with.....so the mental history and traveling with a gun are both more than likely dead ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back