help

J

Justin

Jurisdiction
Washington
I am sorry to admit I am a recovering drug addict. I've been clean about 4 years now but back in 2009 I lost custody and rights of my daughter, she was 3 years old. I stayed away and let it be but Now I'm clean and really want to see her. A lot of stuff happened that led up to her being taken, I'm dying inside is there anything I can do to see her legally?

I am sorry to admit I am a recovering drug addict. I've been clean about 4 years now but back in 2009 I lost custody and rights of my daughter, she was 3 years old. I stayed away and let it be but Now I'm clean and really want to see her. A lot of stuff happened that led up to her being taken, I'm dying inside is there anything I can do to see her legally?

It depends on many things.

I suggest you talk to three or four lawyers in person tomorrow.
The lawyers will help you sort through it, to see if what you wish to do is possible.

What do you mean that you lost custody and rights? Did a court actually terminate your parental rights? Or did a court just revoke visitation and physical custody in favor of the other parent? Have you contacted the mother and asked if you can see the child? If it has been 7 years and the last you saw her was as a toddler, you will need to proceed cautiously as the child may not remember you ,or have only negative memories as a result of your actions.

Back