Help! what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelley1

My mother in law was injured 3 years ago on the job. Workers comp would not allow her to have a MRI, instead they sent her to a orthopedist. He decided she needed a back brace and PT. She was able to walk at this time but not sit. Once she went to PT she could no longer walk. Her disc had broken off and severed her siatic nerve. She ended up having an emergency surgery on a Saturday morning. Her neurologist stated it was the largest chip he had ever removed and they should not have touched her without an MRI. Her nerve will never be corrected. She lost her house and has not worked in 3 years. Work Comp offered her 45k max. We have had two lawyers. The first lawyer never made contact with us and now the new one thinks 45k is good. Please help, I could understand if she was back to herself, but she will never be.

So sorry to hear of such a thing happening.
Did you have a qualified work comp attorney look into this, and/or a qualified employment attorney?

If not. I would certainly try one or both as:
A regular attorney, who dips into several areas of the law, would not be well informed or knowledgeable about such matters.

Good luck.

Are you talking about $45,000 for everything, or $45,000 to settle the wage claim with lifetime medical for the injury? (Or is the state of the injury such that no more medical treatment would be beneficial, with any meds being picked up by private insurance or public assistance?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back