Help! I need to take my child and leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaeRae22

I have a 3 month old daughter and I currently live with her father. Things have just gone down hill for the two of us. I recently found out he might be Bi-Polar (Great!!) All we do is argue and I hate this in front of my children ( I have a 3 year old too, different dad) I never had a problem with her dad and custody because he didn't care. My boyfriend has been getting papers in the mail from New Jersey that his Mother is researching his parental rights for him and last night I heard him on the phone saying he was going to take our baby and leave in the middle of the night and he needs a plan. Not going to let this happen!! What should I do, I live in South Florida Can I just leave with her? Do I automatically have full custody since we were never married? He is on the birth certificate.
Someone please tell me what I should do, He has been acting very strange and I am scared to death he is going to try and run with her back to NJ.

Both of you have rights to the child. You need an Attorney to decide what action you should take to protect the child. Know this if either of you leaves the other can file for custody/vistation. Its during said vistation the whole leave with kids issue can resurface. By the way your taking the child away is no different than him doing so.

Taking him out of state is a bsd idea.Dad does have some rights. He can always file for custody and ask for the return of the child

He has never hit me but has spanked my three year old and seems to have a lot of aggresion towards her. has a violent streak and yells a lot. I don't want to leave it could be worked out but at this point I am scared to stay. Not leaving the state just a few hours away because it is the only place I have to go for now.

I say that you should do whatever you feel is best for your child.First call the police if you think he might kidnap your baby.So at least it will be on record if he does take you to court.Plus my sons bio-father was the same why except physical towards me so I picked up and left to a different county and didn't tell him or his family where I had gone .To this day I am glad I did what my heart told me to do and leave.I also live in florida.I can get you a # to a for a free over the phone consultation with a lawyer if you can give me a few days I can have it for you Monday.
I know what you are going through but whatever you do stay calm with the father of your child until you are sure you can legally pick up and take your baby without having to worry.If your boyfriend thinks things are getting better (thats why I tell you to stay calm and sweet no matter what he says or does)than he is less likely to do anything stupid.
I am not an lawyer but have been there and done that.
P.s
Do not pick up and leave before you can speak with an attorney and if things keep going the way they are going please call the cops and if nothing else like I said at least it will be on record so you can use it in court.
I hope the best for you and keep posting .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back